Ah, finally summer is here in the Pacific Northwest and we couldn’t be more excited. Chicago was great for outdoor activities that mainly revolved about street fairs and patios, but Seattle has so much more. Below is a list of what we enjoyed last year and what we are hoping to explore this year:
- Kayaking at Green Lake and beyond. And beyond I mean getting enough courage to venture onto Lake Union or Washington maybe this year.
- Stepping out at street fairs and festivals. Did I mention the majority are free? Unlike Chicago where you can expect to pay a “suggested donation” of at least $10 every time.
- We can’t wait to go to Bumbershoot again in August; great way to spend his birthday weekend.
- Picnics at Gas Works Park
- Seattle has some great neighborhood farmer’s markets
- Patio dining, finally!
- Seafair activities